This wall was on the side of the dryer in the utility room. We maybe had a couple of problems where there was water. I never would've expected this. I don't even remember it happening!
This is an exterior wall in the living room. I knew this one was going to be a problem but wasn't able to fix it. This is a result of water running down the wall because the outside "gutter" system hardly ever got cleaned out.So the water streamed down the house for years and ended up rotting the framing, wall panel, insulation and subfloor. There's a similar spot at the front door because of the same problem.
Here's another good one, the fan in the guest bathroom. I was able to see the water rings indicating that there had to be a leak somewhere. Luckily we're replacing the whole ceiling! And hopefully the sealing that TJ did up there will prevent this from happening again.
We've also found that all of the windows will need to be replaced, they are just too leaky. It was an expense we were going to try to avoid but it definitely needs to be done.
This is the guest bathroom. Just look at all that subfloor that needs to be replaced! I honestly thought under the bath tubs was going to be worse though. Let's just hope that this is the extent of it! As soon as demo is completely done, We'll be able to make the repairs and get on with this mobile home renovation!
We had to remodel and do some repairs on our model home, too since one wall is not what it used to be. You're right, moisture can be a problem and I think we should be more vigilant in making sure we catch those rotten wood and all to prevent further damage to our homes. My partner is pretty much handy with cabinets so we installed some new ones for our kitchen. It was a fun project and with the right tools, it's easy to do without getting professional help. For more information, see: http://modularhomeblog.com/design/mobile-home-kitchen-cabinet-ideas.htmlReplyDelete